Monday, March 31, 2008

Passion for Fashion...

I stumbled upon this great website through a new-to-me blog I've been reading, Cosy Up. It's called Polyvore and its quite addicting. If you aren't familiar with it, I highly recommend checking it out! Basically, it's a fashion website where you can sign up for free and play around with different items of clothing, jewelry and accessories to pull together outfits (which they call "sets"). There are literally thousands of pieces which are categorized by color so you can very easily find coordinating pieces. The great thing about it is, most of the pieces are available for purchase and they tell you where to find them so it's a one-stop-shopping experience (for those of you who have the funds!). I could spend all day putting outfits together (I find that I'm much better at this on screen than I am in real life) and I'm really feeling inspired to start dressing better! This makes it so easy and it's really good practice for those of us who need a little refresher from time to time...Check it out, but don't say I didn't warn you about the addictiveness!! Here are some of the outfits I put together all by myself (my parents would be so proud)!!

























4 comments:

Unknown said...

Girl, me and you need to go shopping together!!! I love all your choices :) So glad you had as much fun as I did on that website, and I agree it is much easier to put something together online than in the store. Maybe it's because you're not having to try on all the combinations and just give up from exhaustion. Thanks for sharing!

Cindy said...

I am loving all of these. Too bad we don't have the money to dress this cute! I love the gray and yellow dress and the green babydoll shirt. All of your combinations are awesome, though!

JLC Studio said...

I'm there T! I think everyone should have it set up so you can put outfits together on a computer and then have them pull it together for you to try on! Thank you for posting this (and for getting me addicted!!)

JLC Studio said...

Cindy: I know, right? I totally want the purse in the blue and orange combination but it's $115.00! That's a lot to spend on a purse that you could use with only a few outfits! Maybe Target has something similar?