Monday, February 11, 2008

Diamond Baratta Interiors

I think one of the reasons I'm so into this blog is because I get to share some of my favorite things, including designers, with the rest of you who are interested in the design world. There are so many amazing designers out there that I thought I would concentrate one post a month on a specific designer (or design team). The problem is, there are so many to choose from that I wasn't even sure where to begin. I thought I would pull names out of a hat (figuratively speaking) and see what happened...Here is my first "choice":

Let me introduce you to, or reacquaint you with, the incredible duo of William Diamond and Anthony Baratta, better known to the design community as Diamond and Baratta Design. I love this picture of them from their website. I don't think you could ask for a better representation of their design persona, I mean, just look at the fabulous chairs they are sitting in!! This team is known for their use of scale, pattern and ingenious color combinations throughout their designs. They have designed everything from a comfortable and cheeky Beachfront Cottage to a modern Manhattan penthouse to a traditional English estate. Their interiors have a very distinctive look yet they cater to each individual client's needs and tastes. I am constantly in awe at their courageous use of color and pattern and was so excited when they came out with a line of fabrics for Lee Jofa and carpets for Stark (for those of us who sometimes need a little encouragement when it comes to those areas of design). They have been published many, many times over and have written a book on design with the same title as their firm.

I'm excited to share their unique take on design with you, here are just a few of my favorite interiors:

























Some of my most favorite rooms have got to be their kitchens. I love their use of overscale pendant lights over immense islands on top of the fun flooring they incorporate to lighten up the space:













I hope you enjoyed a look at this talented design team and are inspired to think outside the box when it comes to color, pattern and scale. They are truly an inspiration to me!!

1 comments:

jm upholstery inc said...

I love their works, they created so many good design with so many different colors.