Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm Back!

So, I'm back from vacation...sorry for the long absence but it usually takes a while to get into the swing of things when I've been gone! I'm happy to say that I had a delightful time while away and thought I'd share some pictures with you all...(they're probably not that interesting...just bear with me)!!

We stayed at a rental beach house with a private section of beach...it's not the nicest place on earth but it's cozy and we always have a great them there! Here was the view from the back deck



And here is a view looking down the beach...my nephew and his grandma are walking away...



The kids had a great time, we played at the beach, built some sandcastles (or tried to build some) and went to the zoo. Here are a few of the pictures we took at the Michigan City zoo:


It was super hot that day...I felt so bad for this poor reindeer!




The otter tank had a clear glass or acrylic tube running through it that the kids could crawl through. The otters would swim underneath and on top of you...it was pretty neat (and a big hit with the kids!)


We climbed up to the top of a super tall observation tower...by the time we reached the top, I thought I was seriously going to have a heart attack!


but the view was pretty nice...



and we had fun!!


Of course, we couldn't go to the beach without taking a trip to New Buffalo, Michigan for some Redamack's (best burgers ever!!!!!)


and a perfect ending to the week...Oinks Ice Cream! The whole place is literally covered in pigs (no real one's, of course!). Don't ask me what pigs have to do with ice-cream...it works for this place though!



That's pretty much it...it was kind of nice not having internet the whole week, but I promise I will be back to my regular posting (or as close to it as possible)!!

3 comments:

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

welcome back! sounds like you had a great time.

please sir said...

We missed you - welcome back! Looks like you had lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

Jen, looks like you had a blast with your family. Those pictures are hilarious! You look like such a great Aunt!

Glad your back:)