Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dark Passage

After seeing this post by Diana from Please Sir...I was reminded of a site that I came across a while back. I'm in total agreement with Diana about the haunting beauty of an abandoned building or place and that's why I love Dark Passage. A collection of photos taken by "urban archaeologists," this site provides a documentation of architectural decay. I'm captivated by the poignancy in these photos and I thought I'd share a collection of my favorites...















5 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Some of these spaces inspire me, but others kind of creep me a bit. I'm kind of funny that way. I tend to get a little spooked in abandoned places. Nice collection however. I'm glad you posted these.

JLC Studio said...

I totally agree :) The funny thing is...I love looking at these places but I probably wouldn't want to visit any of them (unless I was with a big group of people during the day time)! I like to look at spooky things and freak myself out a little...I'm crazy like that!

/// said...

These spaces are fascinating! :)

ThePeachTree said...

Excellent :) This is SO up my alley. I just may have to keep this post idea going!! I love the photos that you chose.

please sir said...

Wow - I LOVE these - but you knew that right?! Thanks for the link...I'm so glad you found even more inspiration on this topic.