Thursday, January 31, 2008

Collections

I think one of the hardest things as an interior designer is putting the finishing touches on a client's home (at least in my experience). I really admire the interior stylists I have worked with who are able to effortlessly use accessories, and the ubiquitous collections that it seems most clients have laying around, to add to the interiors they are presented with. Here are some clever ideas and useful ways to display objects that I have seen from some of today's top designers.



Blue and white china set displayed in a home designed by Mariette Himes Gomez. I love how the blue hydrangeas compliment the dishes...



I like the way this designer has laid out a collection of artwork using different frames but sticking to the theme of black or blonde wood (I cannot remember where I saw this but I wanted to include it regardless)...



These are two shots of homes designed by my new favorite interiors guru, Jay Jeffers. I love the way he uses colors and mixes different scales of the same type of object. I can't get enough...




I had to search around for photos of the Cabana at the Viceroy Hotel in Santa Monica. Another of my favorite designers, Kelly Wearstler, cleverly displays a collection of plates against a rich blue backdrop. I love how you first notice the pattern rather than the individual objects.



Here is a fun collection of paintings and art objects at Diane Keaton's Bel Air home designed by Stephen Shadley.



I love this collection of colorful butterflies and other "bugs" in the entry of home designed by Tom Stringer.



Beautiful collection of white ironware pitchers displayed in a painted black cabinet with a natural finished interior. Design by Thad Hayes.

0 comments: